Sometimes my refrigerator is empty and I have to go out and buy food. It gets expensive and truthfully, sometimes I just really don’t want to go outside. So I don’t. And I get very hungry/grumpy.
I already had some leftover vegetarian chili, and I was at the the supermarket and became inspired; tortillas were on sale and I didn’t want to pay the price of the kosher/vegetarian frozen burritos I saw there. So I decided to make my own frozen snacks. These are my emergency snack burritos:
- 1 (12 count) package of tortillas
- Leftover vegetarian chili
- 1 can of corn
- A handful of cheese. I used mozzarella, because that’s what I had.
- Place tortillas on a flat surface
- Spread salsa on the bottom
- Place a generous spoonful of chili in the middle
- Sprinkle with corn
- Fold the top and bottom of the tortilla in
- Roll, starting at one side, leaving the crease at the bottom
- Place rolled burritos on a greased cookie sheet and sprinkle tops with cheese, if desired. I sprinkled half of them.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes – you can eat them now, but these are my emergency frozen snacks, so I didn’t.
- Let cool
- Wrap individually in plastic wrap
- Place in zip-top bag and freeze